If we haven’t already taken one this year, our angels, fairies and guides are recommending we take time to rejuvenate ourselves through a vacation. Vacations can be short and inexpensive, or long and thrifty. If we plan ahead and let our creative juices flow, we can experience our vacation spiritually.
I travelled around the world from 1986 to 2010. Of all the spiritual places I went to, Peru in 2004 was my favorite. It was my first and only tour group journey.
Here are 5 steps to planning a spiritual vacation:
1. Plan early. Plan a budget. This allows you to take your time and make the best decisions both financially and the time of year to experience the environment. We have all the information for traveling at our fingertips using the Internet. If you are going to a country outside of the United States, educate yourself about the local customs and swing by the US government website for travel advisory: http://www.state.gov/travel/ You can also obtain or renew your US passport here.
2. Decide where you want to go and what do you want to do. If you long for the forest, then camping may be the perfect way to relax. From tents to renting a cabin, find what suits your style. Reconnecting with nature rejuvenates your body and energy systems. The fairies are in the forest, waiting for you. A beach vacation can be done on the west or east coasts of the US. Hawaii may be one of your dream trips. September is the low tourist month for the Big Island, where you can get good deals on accommodations. A trip guided by shamans and people based in love and honor, can be arranged by tour groups. In my book, Enclosure: A Spiritual Autobiography, I devoted a chapter to my experiences when I participated in a journey to Peru with a spiritual based tour group. Do your research and ask your friends for recommendations. A volunteering vacation can be fun too. Check out: http://www.rei.com/stewardship/community/volunteer.html
3. Decide if you want to go alone or with a friend or family. If you are looking to decompress from your busy life and reconnect with Spirit, going on vacation by yourself may be the best for you. You will probably realize that you are never alone. Not to mention the people you will meet along the way, your angels, guides, ancestors and loved ones who have crossed over are still with you. Having a friend to share your vacation experience can be rewarding as you have another person to take photos, share stories, and perform ceremonies.
4. If you are traveling by air, book your flight early. Take advantage of frequent flyer miles if you have them. Go to the airport early and avoid the stress of being late. Make sure your passport and visas are up to date, and covers the time you will be out of the country. Pack your suitcase early. Pack only what you need. Pack your stones, feathers, essential oils and ceremonial cloth to perform your personal ceremony in a private place to meditate. Be mindful of fire advisories, if you bring candles, sage and incense.
5. Be safe and aware of your belongings. Use the hotel safe or keep them hidden. Don’t wear or take expensive jewelry. This will reduce your stress, because there will be nothing for someone to steal. Take your journal to write down your channeled insights and your experiences.
Be flexible. When our plans change, there’s a reason for it. If you go with the flow and see where the unexpected experience takes you, you may be surprised and blessed beyond your wildest dreams and imaginations. Above all, be present in the moment. Don’t think about work or what is waiting for you at home. This is your time. Be grateful for everything and everyone who helps you. Ask the environment you intend to visit if you have permission to visit. This will help you build a relationship with Nature. Arrive and leave your destination with a mental blessing of gratitude. Even the glitches in our plans have something to teach us.
Happy Travels and Blessings,
Other Articles You May Enjoy...
Creating Calmness Within
When I was a child living in Daytona Beach, Florida in the sixties, my family ...read more